Friday, July 20, 2007

Here's Hoping...

I have tried to post time after time for the last couple of weeks. Even now I keep moving to type and then end up dropping my hands off the keyboard. The reason is simply excitement.

My husband is waiting for word on a new job.

He's been at the same job for a decade and a half and while his boss and co-workers are terrific he's gone about as far as he can go in terms of salary and challenge. Now there's a new job possibility on the horizon. The salary starts where his current one ends, the benefits are fantastic and there will the constant challenge of learning a new trade and upgrading skills. I think that as nice as the money will be (if he gets it), it's really a secondary concern. It's the fact that there's a whole new career path that offers lots of different opportunity within the company that's the exciting thing for my husband. It won't be the same thing day in and day out.

So the last couple of weeks we've been on edge (in a good, exciting way) as my husband studies, takes tests, has interviews and most of all, waits for phone calls.

My brother's getting married, I'm doing a graphic novel and my husband is hopefully stepping into a new career...What a year this is.

3 comments:

Melchior del DariƩn said...

My fingers are crossed, and I'm sending you all good vibes!

Anonymous said...

Sounds terrific! I've got my fingers crossed for you, too!

Dawn said...

Thanks you two. We've sort of heard unofficially that he has it but the real call hasn't come yet.