Sunday, August 5, 2007

Thunder and Lightning

There was a whopper of the a thunder storm last night. My husband and I had just finished watching the 300 (very pretty but otherwise a yawn. Made me wish over and over again that Steven Pressfield's 'Gates of Fire' had made it to screen instead)when it began.

And boy, I haven't experienced a storm like that in ages. When the lightning appeared it didn't give a quick flash and disappear. It lit up the entire sky so that for a split second it looked like daylight outside. When the thunder cracked it was nothing like the usual sound, it sounded like the sky had broken open above our house.

And my son slept right through it.

My daughter was at her grandparents for the night so I'm not sure if she saw it or not but I wish she'd been here so we could have seen it together.

No comments: