Saturday, March 29, 2008

How Embarrassing...

So I was at my sister's today and talking with her roommate and telling him about an ancestor from the 10th century (a bard who split the head of his landlord open over a rent dispute and then wrote a poem about it - I'll have to find and post the poem here) and said:

"He left Ireland in the eleventeenth century..."

There was silence as, at first, I didn't realize what I'd said. And then came the smirks. And then the giggles.

I will not live this one down.

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Lol! That is funny!

molytail said...

Hahaha LMAO ... don't worry about it though (really!) - we all make those sorts of mistakes. :-)

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's humourous. But I really want to know if you managed to make your eleventeen purchases without going into debt! (And you do know don't you that after you left he was whispering "and she's homeschooling Catherine???", LOL). That's okay, I once suggested during a power outage that we could keep warm that night by putting the electric blanket on the bed... I got those same snorts and snickers you're talking about.

Dawn said...

Lorraine - We came in under budget with only what I had on the list. :D

concernedCTparent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.