Monday, February 9, 2009

Stay off my Doorstep.

I had a visit from my JW lady. She comes around a few times a year and I generally look forward to her visits. She's pleasant and it's a nice break in the day.

Not today though. Today she thought she'd tell me about all the signs that the end times are upon us and topping the list, bigger then murder and disease, were those filthy gays and lesbians.

I didn't say anything. I should have but it often seems to be in those moments when I really should say something that words fail me.

Damn it.

Ah well, it's good to know that if she manages to show up at the new house (it's only 10 minutes up the road) I'll no longer feel any obligation to listen to her, to be polite or even to open the door to acknowledge she's there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely.

I actually took a Bible from the JWs years ago, then returned it once I researched them and learned what they were all about. Told them I had no tolerance for their narrow views but I'm sure my rejection was just par for the course, reject a JW and you are rejecting God after all...

sigh...

Posh Totty said...

Grrr so annoying, I dont even take time to talk or listen to them anymore, I have totally run out of patience with them.