Monday, August 31, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Wednesday morning Catherine, my sister and I are flying up to Toronto to see one of my brothers, my sister-in-law and my one year old niece. I'll only be gone until Sunday but I'm looking forward to it. I haven't seen my brother or my sister-in-law (a wonderful woman - my brother has great taste) since their wedding two years ago and I've never met my newest niece.

But I'm not going just for that. I'm also hoping to connect with a cousin on my mom's side who I only met once when I was a child. My mother thinks the world of this woman, her husband and their daughters so I'm betting I will too. I also suspect I'm part of a covert effort to lure them all eastward for a vacation at some point in the future.

(Wendy, if you're reading this I'll have given you my blog address at some point during the visit. Please know that if you come down east you'll have two absolutely gorgeous places to stay at, Mom's and mine. Both offer free room and board, eager tour guides and brilliant company!)

So wish us luck!

No comments: